|Sir, this is naught but rank linksmanship.
||[Feb. 26th, 2009|12:55 am]
The American Caliban
The delicious crossposter broke for me today so here's the best of today's, some of which I thought were worth manually putting in here:
- The Trashout Squad Something few people ever see - the dirty work of contractors hired by banks and mortgage companies to empty out foreclosed homes of whatever the former owners leave behind so the property can be readied for re-sale. Short KCET local video.
- The Singularics Corporation starring Mr. Jeffrey N. Cook brings you the finest in postscientific "new physics," impossible encryption, and synthetic creation of life. Bees. In. Head.
- Your boss, the motivational speaker, and some dude with a blog all say you should "brand yourself." Don't do it literally, but more importantly, don't do it at all.
- Social networking, like everything else fun, is totally going to kill you in the head. Only, no, it isn't. The usual self-identified experts are alarmed and useless.
- This Turkish synth duo plays neo New Wave songs that recall Young Marble Giants, Pixies, early Human League, and Fad Gadget. I love them. Two downloadable albums.
- The great Orange County Mortgage Collapse has another unforeseen risk: Your financial records in some miscellaneous dumpster.
- Wired magazine had a bad fact-checking failure and their victim wrote it up.
- The Interactive 8-Track Tape: Foghat/Atari 2600 Double Ender is so close to plausible that it had me going for a few minutes. Yes, 1977 was that weird a time.