Whose shell this is, I do not know
The password was quite easy, though
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his disk fill up with snow.
Thanks to sooz for a birthday scarf that is warm and friendly and non-scratchy; that was a particularly thoughtful gift!
It was good to see friends on the patio again tonight.
My last few days have been a comedy of disasters worthy of M. Hulot. On Friday I woke up too quickly with too much to do and promptly barfed in the sink. The rest of the day was slow and featured excessive sleep and a number of household errors. I then had to move my car because of tree guys and found that it would not start. I was just barely able to get mom's car close enough to do a jump, and the cables were stretched enough that twice the ground popped off the engine block. Then, while preparing to move the car, I closed the hood before replacing the plastic battery cover, so that the hood is now jammed shut.
Today I managed within the space of three hours to:
- Lose my car keys
- Lose my computer power adapter
- Lose my house keys
- Leave my phone behind
- Set off my car alarm by pressing "panic" instead of "trunk open" THREE times
- Break a $40 bottle of wine intended for the big dinner
- Lose my car keys again
- Lose my house key again
- Hallucinate losing my jacket when I had not brought it with me
- Return home without my house key and have to use the sekrit to get in
It's a damned good thing we don't have ice around here.