- This is me at 80, I hope: Young@Heart does Sonic Youth. Wow. Courtesy la_lisa They also do a fairly amazing "Fix You" by Coldplay, and I don't even like Coldplay.
Young@Heart's website is at http://www.youngatheartchorus.com/. They also have a myspace page like everyone else in music. edit: url fixed thanks to salome_st_john
- Speaking of music, in my dream last night a country band did a fine version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and now it's stuck in my head. How did I get an earworm of something that doesn't exist? It's like trinnit's description of hell: being deaf and having the Super Mario theme in your head.
- I'd like to wish everyone a happy Listmas! This is the very special time of year when journalists of all kinds, but especially entertainment writers, turn in lists instead of articles and go on vacation. Two representative examples are Pitchfork's Top 50 Albums and Rolling Stone's equivalent. I suggest throwing out publications during December. Also, you're reading one now. Ha!
- I'm having a blissfully stress-free "holiday season" because I followed Stimps' Best Advice Ever: don't watch TV. That's where all the bad messages come from. If you don't watch the television, the "season" is just some good food and maybe giving someone a book you think they'd enjoy.
- Pescadou is doing up New Year's really well. I think my mom and I are going to go to the earlier and cheaper seating of their prix fixe, which is $52 a person for three courses. Any one else interested? It's a 6 pm ish thing. Their second seating is later and $80 for five courses and that's too much money and food for me.
- The Rules of Engagement have been expanded to cover destruction on sight of SUVs with wreaths on the front. Please make a note of it.