|drinking his blood-red wine
||[Jul. 22nd, 2006|12:59 am]
The American Caliban
- I for one welcome our tiny military robot plane overlords. Hey, wasn't one of these in Dune?
- As springheel_jack once pointed out, THE EMU WILL PECK.
- Poor Mike O'Neill. His friend wrote a pretty damned good poem for him, though.
- STOP THE PRESSES! Has been 80s politician walks out on has been 80s musician. Actually, don't stop the presses.
- Here's a really good reason not to show the whole world your internal numbers, especially if they're sequential. You might, like, lose a war.
- Do not purchase unproven home health care equipment, especially on eBay.
- IT'S A FROG MUSEUM.
- The only thing funnier than the Rich Man's Short Bus itself is the $50,000 Tonka falling apart on its own for no reason. A $15,000 Mazda doesn't do that, guys. I'm just saying.
- Think! Is your conduct appropriate? Well, IS IT?
- Squid attack, squid attack get out of the water and don't look back!
2006-07-22 11:30 am (UTC)
The whole WORLD is dissolving into inane Dune fanfic.
Those Walter Potter dioramas fill me with a strange sadness.
The best comment regarding item number eight:
"We ought to hire Carl's, Jr to build that fence along the Mexican border..."
Well, Mellencamp does suck. Just sayin.
The squid "approaching" the boat is in fact retreating. I have a thing about squid orientation.
Maybe I didn't say that right.
2006-07-22 07:46 pm (UTC)
squid vectors are crucial
In the grand words of George Clinton, "You got a thing, I got a thing, everybody got a thing"
Can't they move both directions? Or are you basing that on more than its orientation, like is it doing something so you can tell it's fleeing? "Tentacles, do your stuff!" or something?
2006-07-23 09:16 am (UTC)
Re: But, I thought...
FOLKS AN ORIENTATION IS NOT A CHOICE, OKAY? I THOUGHT WE'D ALL AGREED ABOUT THAT BEFORE THIS WHOLE SQUID THING CAME UP
9. I predict this will be the gift sensation for xmas 2006 - EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THIS SIGN. It applies to everything in the sme way as "... in bed" does to any sentence.
like I needed anouther reason to never go in the ocean again.