|link constipation relieved
||[Jul. 8th, 2006|06:08 pm]
The American Caliban
- Karla McLaren, a leading light of the New Age who published nine books, has become a skeptic. tinymammoth pointed me to this excellent essay in which she describes the cultural gap between those two extremes. Skeptics take note: attacking quackery and exposing flaws in the beliefs of others through mockery may be satisfying, but it's not the same as education.
- Mark-Jason Dominus just pointed me to this amazing set of underwater photos and videos, including the piglet squid in this icon and other treasures of the deep.
- There is a whole gol-durned blog about the Dewey Decimal System! What's more, it's interesting.
- Get out your tinfoil hats: Terrorists have infiltrated the Masons!
- Via the Exploding Aardvark, here: have some japanese warning signs!
- In Oppressive Technology News, the fine folks at Georgia Tech are working on a seek and interdict anti-camera weapon. Thanks, guys.
- Do not stand under or attempt to climb this mountain: two million cubic meters of it are about to fall off.
- Vietnam, 1968 (flickr photo). This is poignant. I wonder what became of this guy? Dead? Back from the dead like Trout? Just another boomer Blimp?
- The world of Duke Cunningham: Hookers, bribes, and friends named "Dusty" Foggo.
- Matt Taibbi is back from Iraq with some stories of life on the front.
- Salam alaikam and welcome to MuslimSpace, where instead of Tom your friend is M12345.
- Crash victim comes out of it after 20 years, thinks he's still 20. Yow.
- Our very own O.C. Al Qaeda spokesman is finally out of the closet. What is it about us and insane people?