|the boy stood on the burning deck eating peanuts by the peck
||[Jul. 5th, 2006|06:05 pm]
The American Caliban
- Drunk bear in car!
- Torgo and the Buffalo Beast pointed me to a blog comment thread in which various meathead cops discuss how they're going to wreak havoc/let people die/fuck everyone as a negotiation technique for their contract. It was all pretty good, but the best was this eggcorn from a postliterate guy who didn't know he was coining a new phrase: I for one have adopted a lazy-fare attitude. Worthy of Chief Wiggum!
- And then there was that one time the ghost ship full of petrified corpses showed up in town.
- OC Metroblogs' Flickr Group has shots of the Hootenany, including this classic punkabilly O.C. couple.
- The Wikipedia guy has started a political wiki. I am not sure why.
- Georges Duboeuf imitates the Simpsons and gets caught cheating with his wines!
2006-07-06 02:10 am (UTC)
Hi there. I'm a stranger. I think someone sent me a link to your post on project managers the other day. Great stuff. Ok if I friend ya?
You might already know about this guy
who is running for senate against Orrin Hatch. Wired
had a typically breathless article on his campaign, which includes a wiki through which he has enumberated his base stance on lots of issues, and has opened it up to allow his constituency to participate and help him refine his positions according to the needs/wants/tastes/whims of said constituency. Seems to be proceeding pretty thoughtfully. So he'll prolly lose.
Here's the position-development wiki:http://vote.peteashdown.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
erm, *enumerated. I have a lazy-fare stance on proofreading.
There's a little liquor store about 20 minutes north of me that's been selling the 2005 version of that wine (the Beaujolais Nouveau)for $1.50 a bottle with discounts for quantity (5 cases winds up being $1/bottle, for example.)
I'm not sure, but this could explain part of that price point.