Benedict Arnold Slept Here
Current list of things broken in my house:
- Water pipe inside slab (repaired)
- Drywall and paint damaged by flood (repaired)
- Vanity in bathroom destroyed
- Carpet in hallway, living room, one bedroom destroyed
- Thermostat for heater working only intermittently status post handyman "looking at it". (new one just installed)
- Forced-air natural gas heater dead even when started manually; fan motor broken; entire heater needs replacement. (Heater may be as much as 40 years old.) (installed as of this moment)
- Front door deadbolt won't close status post handyman "fixing" doorknob/lock issues.
- Toilet flush mechanism does not stop unless you "do it right".
- Cover on fluorescent light over kitchen counter falls off periodically with a loud bang.
- Slab under house is "efflorescing", which will inevitably require slab replacement at some future date.