- odradak especially and fans of good animation and Piaf will enjoy A quoi ça sert l'amour, a lovely animation of the song. It's pure romance in the very best way. Thanks, Exploding Aardvark!
- Looks like it's "Neuroscience Deals with Religion" week for all of us, as the Dalai Lama arrives to speak at a neuroscience conference and some people feel that's not such a great idea. I'm with the asshole scientists and not the lamafans here. (Thanks again, Exploding Aardvark!)
- And now, your moment of ostrich (SFGate via tuliphead)
- SONIC PROPERTIES OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED POTATOES. Yeah, that's what i said.
- Screenshots of a new MMORPG called. um. Yogurting.
- VW has built the EcoRacer, a mid-engined sports car with a 0-60 of 6.3 seconds, top speed of 143 mph, and an average fuel economy of 83 miles per gallon. Runs on a 1.5 liter diesel engine. Why can't I preorder one now?
- "Trained Wasps" sounds more like a plot device for a horror movie than a way to find bombs.
- trinnit sends me this really bad day at the tollboth.
- In other criminal justice news, this guy would have been better off as a Dale Earnhardt fan.
And now off to the phrenologist.