Yomama mano a mano: the Fiercer People
- Defense Tech Blog reports on fascinating, frightening, and probably illegal military planning for operations on U.S. soil without civilian control. Remember that name: Operation Granite Shadow. Original story from William Arkin's Early Warning blog at the WashPo.
- Freakin' idiot soldiers thing they see ghosts. Even lamer newscasters do a story on it. Come play with us, Sergeant. FOREVER.
- "If your definition of propaganda is framing communications to do something that's going to save lives, that's fine," says Mark Broughton, SCL's public affairs director. "That's not a word I would use for that." Slate has a story about psy war gone commercial, brought to you by the fine folks at Strategic Communication Laboratories.
- Ladies and gentlemen! I present to you the so-far-unmauled FERCOS BROTHERS! Not those other guys at all!
- Cat and Girl is especially good today, making fun of people like me.